Saturday 26 May 2012

an Irregular-Ode to a love lost long...

Brilliant eyes, electric bright,
laughter clear, to silence a crowd,
cheerful spirit, spreading around
was it a songbird, or was that you?
Just a glimpse and a hint of smile,
a fading memory and some music of your voice…
That’s all I have,
for you’ve been gone so long,
disappeared in the sand of time
and now it has been a while,
did you ever feel the same?
I spent the years running around,
To get a hint of you,
Spent the days searching in my mind,
And just when I had forgotten you,
And I thought I had moved in time,
You came back from the dead,
to stir up a storm around,
And I think I heard your voice again,
And I think I saw you smile,
Tell me you are real this time,
And say it’s not my mind,
Say that I’ve not created you,
Like I did before,
Tell me you are for real,
And not my mind playing games,

The last I remember,
You were still living in my dreams,
Tell me you are for real now,
And no longer a dream …

2 comments:

  1. lovely poem again!! feel of the poem was very intense and was expressed wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, encouraging that's it's not just me who likes my poems :D

      Delete